To start your journey with Mystic Valley Elder Services, pick up the telephone and call us at 781-324-7705. Our receptionist puts you through to the Information and Referral department, a team of caring experts who will listen very closely as you tell us about your current situation and what you need. Ask questions in English, Cantonese, or Mandarin – we will connect you to an expert who speaks your language.
If you want us to, we’ll send someone to your home to spend some time with you, learn more about what you need, what will make you safer, healthier, and happier, and how we can help. And then, together, we form a plan.
The plan is based on what you want and need. It can include a number of different programs and services. But we’ll never try to sell you anything, or encourage you to sign up for a service you can’t afford.
We provide critical resources for elders who wish to live at home, in their communities, for as long as possible. These include home care services, such as grocery shopping, meal preparation, housekeeping, and laundry. We also have a home-delivered meal program (Meals on Wheels) that will bring you a healthful, balanced meal each weekday. Elders living in Malden have the option of receiving Chinese lunches from a bilingual Meals on Wheels driver.
If you would prefer to go out for lunch, you can become a regular participant at one of our 15 senior dining sites, where hot and cold meals are available for an optional $2 donation. Our Malden Senior Center dining site offers Chinese meals on Wednesdays and Thursdays at noon.
And if you have needs beyond good food and help at home, stop by the Malden Senior Center on Wednesdays or Thursdays between 9am and 12pm. On those days, a specially trained, bilingual social worker is available to help you find what you need.
If you need help with:
- applying for or understanding social service benefits or programs
- advocating on your behalf to government agencies
- translating or writing letters
- keeping track of your medical services, home care, or benefits
- managing a chronic medical condition
- improving conversational English skills
- studying to become an United States citizen
- promoting your health through Tai Chi (or if you’d like to join the Golden Age Ping Pong Team)
- connecting with peers through social activities such as parties, singing groups and concerts, and cultural celebrations…
come to the Malden Senior Center, 7 Washington Street, on Wednesday or Thursday morning to see the social worker, or call 781-397-7144 to find out more about the programs offered through this special partnership between Mystic Valley Elder Services and the Greater Boston Chinese Golden Age Center.