Work individually with older adults, adults living with disabilities, or schoolchildren — and flex those people skills! No particular professional experience is required for these positions, but successful volunteers will possess patience, compassion, and reliability.
- Through our SHINE program, you’ll meet with community members in person or on the phone and help them navigate the requirements of MassHealth/Medicaid, Medicare, and other health insurance programs. A free, 60-hour training is provided to all SHINE counselors. 2-3 hours a week; one-year commitment following the training.
- Through our Money Management Program, you’ll visit the home of an elder or adult living with a disability to help with writing checks, scheduling bill payment, and organizing correspondence. Training is provided and all volunteers are fully insured. 4-6 hours per month; six-month commitment.
- Through our Nursing Home Ombudsman program, you will meet with nursing home residents once a month to listen and provide assistance as they seek to improve the nursing home’s quality of life. 4-6 hours per month during business hours; six-month commitment.
- Through our popular Reading Partners program, you’ll work one-on-one, in small groups, or with an entire class of K-3 students who need a little extra help and attention around reading competency. Many of our Reading Partners tell us that this is some of the most fulfilling work they’ve ever done. A free, comprehensive training is provided. 4 hours a week; September through June commitment.
Fill out the below form to demonstrate your interest in one of these positions, or download and mail or fax our volunteer application.
Sign up for Mystic Valley Elder Services | Beacon
MEDIA CONTACT: Shawn Middleton/Director of Communications
- Mystic Valley Elder Services
- Office Phone: (781) 388-4866
- Cell Phone: (978)-338-7659 (after 5pm on weekdays and on weekends ONLY)
- Fax: (781) 324-1369
- [email protected]