Work individually with older adults, adults living with disabilities, or schoolchildren — and flex those people skills! No particular professional experience is required for these positions, but successful volunteers will possess patience, compassion, and reliability.
- Through our SHINE program, you’ll meet with community members in person or on the phone and help them navigate the requirements of MassHealth/Medicaid, Medicare, and other health insurance programs. A free, 60-hour training is provided to all SHINE counselors. 2-3 hours a week; one-year commitment following the training.
- Through our Money Management Program, you’ll visit the home of an elder or adult living with a disability to help with writing checks, scheduling bill payment, and organizing correspondence. Training is provided and all volunteers are fully insured. 4-6 hours per month; six-month commitment.
- Through our Nursing Home Ombudsman program, you will meet with nursing home residents once a month to listen and provide assistance as they seek to improve the nursing home’s quality of life. 4-6 hours per month during business hours; six-month commitment.
- Through our popular Reading Partners program, you’ll work one-on-one, in small groups, or with an entire class of K-3 students who need a little extra help and attention around reading competency. Many of our Reading Partners tell us that this is some of the most fulfilling work they’ve ever done. A free, comprehensive training is provided. 4 hours a week; September through June commitment.
Fill out the below form to demonstrate your interest in one of these positions, or download and mail or fax our volunteer application.
- Join Us
- Find What You Need
Sign up for Mystic Valley Elder Services | Beacon
MEDIA CONTACT: Shawn Middleton/Director of Communications
- Mystic Valley Elder Services
- Office Phone: (781) 388-4866
- Cell Phone: (978)-338-7659 (after 5pm on weekdays and on weekends ONLY)
- Fax: (781) 324-1369
- [email protected]