If you are a family caregiver working to support the needs of a loved one with Alzheimer’s or dementia, there is now help. Mystic Valley Elder Services will be holding its free, six-session course The Savvy Caregiver Program at Wakefield Senior Center, 30 Converse Street, on Tuesdays from September 17 through October 22, for family and friends who are active caregivers.
The Program will provide you with the information, skills, and support you need to deliver top-quality care to the person you love while taking care of yourself. As a caregiver, you deserve to be confident that you’re making your loved one’s life better. Don’t let anxiety define your life; you deserve to feel competent and skilled. Don’t spend your days questioning your own ability to provide care.
The program will provide you with essential information and resources:
- Understand the impact of dementia on your loved one and on you.
- Learn skills for managing daily life without burning yourself out.
- Take control of your time and set goals for yourself and your household.
- Grow into a stronger communicator.
- Strengthen your family’s resources and resilience.
Registration is free, but required. To register or for more information, please call 781-324-7705.