In recognition of American Heart Month, Mystic Valley Elder Services is all about the heart. Here are resources you will find helpful relating to heart wellness and preventing heart disease:
- Eat a variety of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, low fat dairy products, fish, poultry, nuts and seeds. See the American Heart Association for more details.
- CPR, or cardiopulmonary resuscitation, is an emergency procedure given to people suffering cardiac arrest. See how to conduct CPR in three steps and watch a demonstration.
- Would you realize if you or someone you loved was having a heart attack or stroke? Get to know the warning signs here.
- Exercise is good for your heart — it reduces the risk of heart disease and improves blood circulation. Get exercise tips for older adults here.
- The higher your blood pressure, the higher the risk for heart attack. Normal blood pressure is less than 120/80. Learn how to lower your blood pressure here.