With Massachusetts facing extreme low temperatures, Mystic Valley Elder Services (MVES) has compiled a list of warming sites for Friday and Saturday, February 2 and 3, in the communities we serve. This list will be updated as needed if more information becomes available. We encourage the public to help share this information on social media as well as through word of mouth. Together, we can help our neighbors find the resources they need. For assistance with other services, please call MVES at 781-324-7705 or visit www.mves.org. [Updated 2/3/23 at 12:30 p.m.]
• Chelsea Senior Center, 10 Riley Way, Chelsea, MA 02150
Open Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Vaccine Clinic at Chelsea Senior Center, 10 Riley Way, open Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Malden Warming Center, 529 Eastern Ave., Malden MA 02148
Open 7 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. from December 1 through March 31
Meals, snacks and warm clothing are available.
• Medford Public Library, 111 High St., Medford, MA 02155
Open Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Medford Police Station, new Community Room open 24/7
100 Main St., Medford, MA 02155
• Melrose Public Library, 263 W. Foster St., Melrose, MA 02176
Open Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday, 2-5 p.m.
• Milano Center, 201 W. Foster St., Melrose, MA 02176
Open Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
If in need of help outside these hours, call emergency services.
Flint Memorial Library, 147 Park St., North Reading, MA 01764
Open Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (regular business hours)
If there are needs outside of these hours, call emergency services.
• Reading Senior Center, 49 Pleasant St., Reading, MA 01867
Open Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
• Reading Library, 64 Middlesex Ave., Reading, MA 01867
Friday and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• If any emergencies outside of those hours, please call emergency services.
• Revere Senior Center Warming Center, 5 Winthrop Ave., Revere, MA 02150
Limit of 15 people. Admittance is between 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. and visitors may stay until 6:30 a.m.
Open Monday through Sunday until April 1. Snacks and warm beverages provided by Housing Families. Warm clothing will be available.
• First Congregational Church, 260 Beach St., Revere, MA 02150
Open all day on Saturday
Stoneham Senior Center, 136 Elm St., Stoneham, MA 02180
Open Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Beebe Library, 345 Main St, Wakefield, MA 01880
Open Thursday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Wakefield Senior Center, 30 Converse St., Wakefield, MA 018800
Friday 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
If in need of assistance, call emergency services and help will be arranged.